Thursday, January 14, 2010

List of Contests

I'm going to make a shameless plug for another site because I think it's a great resource for writers wanting to take their work to the next level and publish. Hope Clark offers a free newsletter which lists various writing contests that require no or nominal entry fees.

Contests are a great way to learn to polish your work, whether or not you win. You learn a lot by following each contest's guidelines and submitting your work for another's scrutiny.

Often you can get ideas simply by reading the prompts or suggested topics for other contests. So go for it! Sign up for the email newsletter and start submitting your work!

Writing Contests
.

2 comments:

  1. I saw your comment today at ACFW loop about grammar. I liked what you said! Since I'm new the the loop I don't know how to respond there. This is much better anyway because I get to see your picture! ;) Nice to meet you. I am a follower of Christ, mom of four also. A writer only in my heart and in my home, which sometimes extends to family and friends. SO FAR, that is :)

    Now I'm going to check out the contests. Thanks for the tip.
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessie, Thanks for stopping by. Browse around and come back. I try to post here a couple of times a week.

    ReplyDelete